The Past

In 1903, clockmaker Johannes Steiner founded a small family business, which was in fact one of the first businesses on the Heuberg plateau. 
At that time, the company manufactured small parts for the clock and watch industry.
 
Owing to the upswing in the textile and sewing machine industry in the 1930s and a rapid increase in the demand for sewing machines and their spare parts, the company decided to produce spools for domestic sewing machines and for the textile industry.
 After a successful start, local customers were joined by others from Europe and overseas.
 
After the founder died, the family business was taken over by his sons. The first apprentices were trained under their management. Thus, Steiner was not only one of the first businesses on the Heuberg, but also one of the first companies to provide apprenticeship training.

The company continued to grow rapidly. Specialisation in cold-forming of steels, in particular, opened up new fields: the company commenced production of compression nuts. The associated ferrules followed shortly after.
 
Steiner was a limited partnership (Kommanditgesellschaft, KG) until 1976. The KG become a GmbH & Co. KG after the management had been handed over to two cousins, Hans and Josef Steiner.
 
The first stainless steel compression nuts were developed under the new management.
 
The 4th generation of the Steiner family is currently working in the company